About the Region
The Mid-Western Region is located in the Central Tablelands of NSW, an easy 45 minute flight or 3.5 hour drive north-west from Sydney. The region's community is welcoming and friendly with a strong and diverse economic base and a unique opportunity to escape the hustle and bustle of city life.
The region offers a vast range of industry sectors including mining, retail, agriculture, healthcare and construction, and also attracts over 691,000 visitors each year to experience the incredible local wine, food, heritage and natural scenery.
Council acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land on which we work and live, the Wiradjuri people and pay our respects to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who reside in the Mid-Western Regional Council area. We extend our respect to elders past and present, and emerging.
Discover more about the Mid-Western Region at choosemudgeeregion.com.au
25,713 people call the Mid-Western Region home.
8,752.3 square kilometres
Major towns and centres
- Agriculture (including Viticulture)
Distinct competitive advantages
- Diverse and growing economic base
- Centrally located to Sydney and Newcastle as well as major regional centres in NSW
- Strong transport links - daily air and coach services
- Skilled workforce
- Strong business services sector
- Great lifestyle benefits
- Thriving tourism, arts and cultural sectors
- Adequate water supply