The Mudgee Airport is a vital infrastructure asset for the Mid-Western Region. It is important that this asset be maintained and developed as a modern regional airport that has the capability of attracting new aviation businesses to the area.
Fly Pelican commenced passenger operations in June 2015 with return flights to Sydney. To book flights, please visit: http://www.flypelican.com.au/.
The main statistics of the Mudgee Airport are:
- It is a security controlled airport.
- Location 5 km north east of Mudgee CBD.
- Aerodrome land area – 95 ha.
- Main sealed runway length (Code 3C) – 1,739 m.
- Secondary grass runway length (Code 2C) – 1,075 m.
- Navigation Aids – Non-Directional Beacon (NDB) and very high frequency omni range (VOR).
- Passenger terminal including secure baggage handling facilities and passenger amenities.
- Private aircraft parking area available.
- AVGas & JetA1 fuel is available
Major works planned for this year:
- Install PAPI lighting
- Extend the terminal building
- Extend the main taxiway
- Replace runway lighting
And in future years:
- The subdivision development will be completed and then sold.
MUDGEE AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
The Mudgee Regional Airport Master Plan 2015 was adopted by Council on 21 October 2015.
To download the Mudgee Regional Airport Master Plan 2015 please click here (PDF 5Mb) (5.4MB)
FEES & CHARGES
To view Mudgee Airport Fees & Charges please click here. (PDF 70Kb)
RYLSTONE AERODROME AIR PARK
The Rylstone Air Park is privately operated. The contact for the aerodrome is:
Rylstone Aerodrome Air Park
PO Box 5010
GREENWICH NSW 2065
Phone: (02) 8003 3130
Mobile: 0411 816 300
Council has two aircraft hangers available for lease at the Mudgee Airport.
If you would like a copy of the Lease Agreement, please contact Council's Customer Service Section on 1300 765002 or 02 6378 2850.
What is the length of the runway at the Mudgee Airport?