The Mid-Western Region is home to a rich and diverse range of companion animals, wildlife and livestock that form a part of the Region's agricultural economy.

On this page you will find links to assist with living in harmony with our animal friends and neighbours and meeting requirements related to them.

Click here to go to the Council Rangers Page


Lost dog or cat banner


Looking for a new dog or cat? 

The RSPCA regularly advertises on the radio and in the "Pawphan Dogs" column in The Weekly the animals at Council's pound that are looking for a new home.


Who do I report a nuisance magpie too?

All queries and reports of nuisance magpies should be directed to the Mudgee office of National Parks and Wildlife service on 6372 7199.


How many chooks can I keep in town?

You may keep 6 chooks in town. Roosters are not permitted in town.