Rates, Fees & Payments
Rates and charges are levied on land within the Mid-Western Regional Council.
Income that Council receives from rates (and other sources) provides funding for a broad range of services for the whole community.
These services include:
- Roads and Bridges
- Carparking, Footpaths, Cycleways and Streetscaping
- Water Supply and Sewerage
- Solid Waste Management
- Mudgee Airport
- Swimming Pools
- Parks and Reserves
- Regulatory Control
- Community Services
- Economic Development
These services are essential as they provide and maintain an acceptable standard of living for our region.
Mid-Western Regional Council collect fees and charges for the use of Council facilities and for providing services such as conducting inspections or processing a variety of applications.
- Fees related to development and construction
- Stock impounding fees
- Dog registration fees
- Cemetery fees
- Fees for the use of comunity buildings
- Fees for the use of parks and reserves
- Swimming pool fees
- Airport usage fees
- Water supply and waste fees
- Fees for general community services
- Fees for children's service
Payment of rates, fees and charges can be made by mail, in person at Council's Customer Service Centres in Gulgong, Mudgee and Rylstone, by telephone, Bpay, direct debit or on-line.
For more information on these methods of payment, click here.