Household Problem Waste & Chemical Cleanout

Household problem waste

Not all household waste can be disposed of at a rural transfer station or in your kerbside bins. Community Recycling Centres offer a FREE and EASY solution for the disposal of household problem waste such as paints, gas bottles, motor oils, batteries, smoke detectors and fluorescent globes and tubes.

What can be dropped off?

Many of these materials can be reused and recycled if processed correctly. Recycling helps our environment because it saves water, energy and natural resources. Only household quantities are accepted (20kg or 20L maximum container size). Please transport your materials carefully. Dangerous goods and items other than those listed are not accepted.

Mid-Western Regional Council's Community Recycling Centre is located at:

Mudgee Waste Facility

31 Blain Road, Caerleon NSW 2850
Contact: 02 6378 2770

Hours:  Monday to Friday: 8am – 5:30pm
             Saturday & Sunday: 8am – 5pm

For Business or Commercial disposal please contact Council before transporting.

Chemical CleanOut

Household chemicals should not be placed in kerbside bins. The safe way to dispose of hazardous chemicals from the home is at a Chemical CleanOut event. These events are a free mobile service held across NSW on specified dates. Residents can safely dispose of substances such as pool and hobby chemicals, household cleaners, solvents, poisons and garden pesticides. Household quantities are accepted, up to a maximum of 20 litres or 20 kilograms of a single item.

The next Chemical CleanOut event will take place on 16 May 2021, Mudgee Waste Facility from 8am to 11am, and Gulgong Waste Transfer Station from 1pm to 4pm.

Please contact Council for further information on 02 6378 2850.

Dates will be advertised.


This project is a NSW EPA Waste Less, Recycle More initiative funded from the waste levy.

For more information on recycling and chemical cleanouts visit or EPA NSW for more information.