Asbestos Disposal Procedure at Mudgee Waste Facility
Please refer to the Asbestos Disposal Application form when following the instructions outlined below:
- Print off and enter details into the first line of section 5 and all of section 6
- Read sections 1 - 8 and sign at the bottom of section 8.
- If you have friable asbestos and/or more than 10m² or 100kgs of bonded asbestos, a licensed contractor must be used, and LasteLocate used to register the asbestos load. For more information on WasteLocate, please visit https://wastelocate.epa.nsw.gov.au
- Ring the Mudgee Waste Facility on (02) 6378 2770 to book in your asbestos disposal at least 24 hours beforehand.
- Please ensure vehicles are suitable, you are wearing suitable protective wear and material wrapped as per the Asbestos Disposal Form SafeWork NSW recommendations.
- Bring in your asbestos and completed form when you arrive for your appointment.
- If you registered on the EPA’s ‘Waste Locate’ system for more than 10m2 or 100kgs, scan the QR2 plate at the Weighbridge at the Mudgee Waste Facility upon arrival. You will need to bring your Smartphone with you.
Alternatively you can fill in the form right before asbestos disposal, ensure to arrive five minutes prior to your booking time to complete the paperwork.
Mid-Western Regional Council reports monthly to the EPA on asbestos disposals. Failure to comply with Council's and EPA requirements in regard to the safe disposal may lead to further investigations.
For more information on asbestos related issues please refer to NSW EPA
Click here for the Council Asbestos Policy
Asbestos Waste link:
Important information for the building industry, transporters and Waste facilities link:
Internal link to the Renovation page being
How WasteLocate works for asbestos waste