Local Area Disaster Plan
This plan details the arrangements for effective coordination of statutory and voluntary services and resources on the preparation for, response to and recovery from emergencies within the Mid-Western Local Government Area.
Parts 1 and 2 of the EMPLAN are available for viewing on the link below whilst Part 3 of the EMPLAN and the Consequence Management Guides are only available to emergency services organisations.
Details arrangements for, prevention of, preparation for, response to and recovery from emergencies within the Local Government Area(s) covered by this plan.
It encompasses arrangements for:
- emergencies controlled by combat agencies;
- emergencies controlled by combat agencies and supported by the Local Emergency Operations Controller (LEOCON);
- emergency operations for which there is no combat agency; and
- circumstances where a combat agency has passed control to the LEOCON.
The objectives of this plan are to:
- define participating organisation and Functional Area roles and responsibilities in preparation for, response to and recovery from emergencies;
- set out the control, co-ordination and liaison arrangements at the Local level;
- detail activation and alerting arrangements for involved agencies; and
- detail arrangements for the acquisition and co-ordination of resources.