Do I need approval?
To establish if your proposal requires approval you will need to determine the type of development that you propose. Some development requires an application to Council while other development may be undertaken without any planning approval. This part of Council's website provides information on how to establish your type of development, your zone and any relevant approval requirements.
The following steps will help establish what approvals may be required:
- Determine the zone that applies to the development site under the Mid-Western Regional Local Environmental 2012.
- Establish the type of development you propose and check whether your type of proposed development is permitted with or without consent, or if prohibited in your zone.
- Check if there are any other site attributes such as Bushfire or Heritage that may trigger other approval requirements.
- Confirm that the site is suitable for the proposed development.
- Check how Council's adopted guidelines, plans, codes and policies affect the proposed development.
Sometimes it is not clear whether something requires a Development Application as it often depends on the size and location of the works. If you are unsure it is advisable to check with Council before proceeding.
Taking over an existing business?
There are provisions within the legislation that allow for the continued operation of existing uses without further approval being required. It is reccommended that you contact Council to establish if the business you wish to operate was lawfully established and if there are any conditions that govern the operation of the business you should be aware of.
- 149 (2&5) certificate
- Amusement Device - Application for approval to install and operate
- Annual Fire Safety Statement
- Application for Water/Sewer Connection
- Application for Works within the Road Reserve
- Approval to Operate a Caravan Park
- Building Certificate
- Building Search
- Certificate Application Form
- Checklist - Development Applications, Construction Certificates, Complying Development and S68
- Complying Development Certificate
- Construction Certificate
- Development Application
- Drainage Diagram
- Dwelling Entitlement Search Application
- Fast Track Dual Occupancy Checklist
- Fast Track Single Dwelling Checklist
- Fee Assessment Form
- Fire and Emergency Services Levy (FESL) Form
- Food Business Premises Registration Form
- Funeral Booking Form
- LG 127 - Non-Resident Roll Form
- LG 127I - Non-Residential Roll Individual Application
- LG 127N - Non-Residential Roll Nominee Application
- Occupation Certificate Application
- Outstanding Health and Building Notice
- Overflow Accomodation form
- PCA Signoff Certificate
- Plumbing and Drainage Works - Notice of Work and Certificate of Compliance
- Plumbing and Drainage Works - Sewer Service Diagram
- Political Disclosure Statement
- Section 68 - Mobile Food Vending/Street Trader application
- Section 68 – On-site Sewerage Management Facility – Application to Inspect &/or register
- Section 68 - Sewerage Management Application
- Section 68 application to install a manufactured home, moveable dwelling or associated structure on land
- Section 94a - Developer Contributions
- Section 96 - Modification of a Consent
- Significant Tree Register - nomination form
- Skin Penetration, Hairdresser, Beautician registration form
- Statement of Environmental Effects
- Statement of Environmental Effects - Planning
- Subdivision Certificate
- Subdivision Construction Certificate Application
- Surrender of a consent
- Swimming Pool - Certificate of Compliance
- Swimming Pool - Home Swimming Pool Safety Checklist