Development Control Plan 2013
Purpose of the Plan
This Plan contains detailed requirements to guide development in the Mid-Western Regional Council local government area. It complements and must be considered with the provisions of the Mid-Western Regional Council Local Environmental Plan 2012. The plan applies to all land in the Mid-Western Regional Council Area, was adopted by Council on 6 February 2013, and commenced operation on 11 February 2013. Amendment 4 to the Development Control Plan was adopted on the 19 June 2019 and commenced operation on 21 June 2019.
Aim of the Plan
The aims of this Plan are to:
- Define development standards that deliver the outcomes desired by the community and Council;
- Provide clear and concise development guidelines for various forms of development;
- Encourage innovation in design and development by not over-specifying development controls;
- Expedite development approvals by providing clear direction of Council’s intent and criteria; and
- Provide certainty of development outcomes for developers and the community.