The Mudgee Airport is a vital infrastructure asset for the Mid-Western Region. It is important that this asset be maintained and developed as a modern regional airport that has the capability of attracting new aviation businesses to the area. The region now has a commercial passenger service operating regularly between Mudgee and Sydney. Please click here for Aeropelican's flight schedule.
Council has included in the Land Use Strategy to rezone land adjacent to the airport for future airport development. In the short term the land adjacent to George Campbell Drive may be purchased by Council for immediate commercial development of industries associated with the aviation industry.
Council will also be undertaking a subdivision development for recreation use which will allow hangars and accommodation units.
Council will reinstate landing fees and charges of all aircraft at the Mudgee Airport to ensure that the cost of maintenance operating this facility is distributed equitable across the community.
The main statistics of the Mudgee Airport are:
- It is a security controlled airport.
- Location 5 km north east of Mudgee CBD.
- Aerodrome land area – 95 ha.
- Main sealed runway length (Code 3C) – 1,739 m.
- Secondary grass runway length (Code 2C) – 1,075 m.
- Navigation Aids – Non-Directional Beacon (NDB) and very high frequency omni range (VOR).
- Passenger terminal including secure baggage handling facilities and passenger amenities.
- Private aircraft parking area available.
- AVGas & JetA1 fuel is available
Major works planned for this year:
- Fencing – It is proposed to continue with the full circumference of fencing at the Mudgee Airport.
- Extend the footprint of the operational land of the airport to be included in the Comprehensive LEP.
- Undertake subdivision development for industrial and residential use which is associated with the aviation industry.
- Possible purchase of land for industrial aviation use.
And in future years:
- The subdivision development will be completed and then sold.
MUDGEE AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
The Mudgee Airport Master Plan 2005 - Final Report was placed on public exhibition in July 2005 and was adopted in principle, as amended, by Council at its meeting held on 26 October 2005.
To read more about the Airport Master Plan, please click here.
To view a pdf copy (complete) of the Mudgee Airport Master Plan - Final Report 2005 please click here (4012kb)
FEES & CHARGES
To view Mudgee Airport Fees & Charges please click here.
RYLSTONE AERODROME AIR PARK
The Rylstone Air Park is privately operated. The contact for the aerodrome is:
Rylstone Aerodrome Air Park
PO Box 5010
GREENWICH NSW 2065
Phone: (02) 8003 3130
Mobile: 0411 816 300
Council has two aircraft ports available for lease at the Mudgee Airport.
The annual charge is $2420 per port.
If you would lik a copy of the Lease Agreement, please contact Council's Customer Service Section on 1300 765002 or 02 6378 2850.